Project Duration: 8 weeks
Brief Description of Works
- The brief was to design a cost effective and energy efficient system to replace the ageing VRV and ventilation systems to serve a series of new offices, conference rooms, breakout areas and a large Staff Gymnasium with associated changing areas
- A large number of showers served from new centralised HWS generation plant
- Heat recovery ventilation services to the Gymnasium and meeting rooms
- A new heat recovery VRF system, plus integration of new and existing controls systems.
- Key to the design process was the installation of the domestic water & waste services, which necessitated the installation of 900litres of HWS storage with the ability of the plant to recover full volume to temperature within 20 minutes of draw off. This was achieved using highly efficient direct “Eco” HWS cylinders, a small HWS circulation and pressurisation set linked directly to the mina BMS.
- The visual aspects of the design requirement meant that the majority of the services had to be closely co-ordinated, to maintain the requisite levels of maintenance access whilst minimising the impact on the “look and feel” of the space. The result met the clients’ expectations and the project was delivered on time, on budget and snag free.